Thank you for your interest in supporting efforts to prevent and end homelessness in Minnesota. There are many great reasons to get involved.
- Ending homelessness is both the right thing to do and makes great economic sense.
- More than 13,000 children, youth, and adults are homeless in Minnesota on any given night.
- Investing in homelessness has a strong economic return on investment.
- Heading Home Minnesota includes locally driven and evidence-based strategies at work throughout Minnesota to prevent and end homelessness.
- Ending homelessness is a massive undertaking—and no single entity or sector of our community can get the job done alone.
There are multiple ways to support Heading Home Minnesota through your time and/or contributions as outlined below. Your generous financial support can be accepted in the following ways:
The nonprofit organization the Family Housing Fund is the fiscal agent for Heading Home Minnesota. Heading Home Minnesota graciously accepts your 100% tax deductible charitable contribution securely online through Network for Good. Click on the link below, and type “Heading Home Minnesota” in the designation box.
If you would prefer sending your donation by mail, please send directly to this address:
Heading Home Minnesota
c/o Family Housing Fund
801 Nicollet Mall, Suite 1825
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Note: Please write checks to the Family Housing Fund and indicate Heading Home Minnesota on the memo line.
Neither the private sector nor the public sector alone can end homelessness. Many organizations and initiatives rely on volunteers to make services possible. This section is intended to provide information to individuals, groups, and businesses interested in serving people experiencing homelessness, and in ending homelessness throughout Minnesota. Below are some of the opportunities available—this is by no means an exhaustive list. (If you would like to have your organization listed, please contact email@example.com.)
Nonprofit and Service Provider Volunteer Opportunities
- Breaking Free
- East Metro Women's Council
- Emma Norton Services
- Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Jeremiah Program
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
- Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless
- Minnesota Housing Partnership
- People Serving People
- Perspectives Family Center
- The Salvation Army - Northern Division
- Simpson Housing Services
- St. Stephens Human Services
- Tubman Family Alliance
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
- The Wayside House, Inc.
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
- The YWCA of Saint Paul
Faith-Based Volunteer Opportunities/Networks
- Churches United for the Homeless (Moorhead)
- Churches United in Ministry (Duluth)
- Families Moving Forward (Metro area)
- Greater Rochester Interfaith Hospitality Network (Greater Rochester)
- New Pathways (Brainerd/Cambridge area)